Friday, September 24, 2010

Blog Assignment #4

With Facebook, I'm able to share and express my feelings towards different forms of media and subjects through one exclusive, customized, and personal profile.


Facebook has allowed me to share media that is unique to my business to a much larger audience than I could achieve in person. For example, if I find an interesting article that may help other business owners in the same niche as me then I link to it on my Facebook profile. Though I only allow my "friends" to view posts submitted by me, it gives the information much more exclusivity amongst those I'm connected to daily. Since I post at least one article or video related to marketing daily, it gives my profile a professional look and creates conversation amongst other marketers. Another example how Facebook helps me showcase my business savvy is the integration of other social networks into my Facebook profile. Since I can connect other social profiles, I can show my audience how diverse I am with social networks. This not only engages my audience into more conversation, but I'm able to show them how business-minded I am with my posts.


Because of Facebook, I'm able to transmit my sports interest to "friends" with the click of a button in order to gain conversation into the subject. For example, whenever I find an article, video, or image related to the Miami Heat I post it immediately to my profile. My posts are only viewable to my "friends," but it's targeted to friends that enjoy basketball. Though the excessive amount of posts on the Miami Heat may be an annoyance to some, I am posting information I enjoy to read. Another example of how I express my fanaticism of the Miami Heat to my audience is through the "Heat Fan" tab in my profile. Because I've customized my profile to show my love for the basketball team, anyone that views my profile will know how much I enjoy the sport. By establishing this portion of my persona on basketball, I'm able to post whatever I want on the subject because it's expected from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment